MILTON, Mass. - With our players at home spending time with family for the holidays, it is a good time to reflect on the highlights of our season to this point.
On Nov. 19, our players organized the third annual Teddy Bear Toss for Team Impact. With the help of the Curry College and Milton community we were able to donate over 300 stuffed animals to Rosie's Place in Boston who help poor and homeless women. They were so grateful and excited to receive the donation! I am most proud of our players for their commitment to organizing this annual event. A special recognition is appropriate for our "Teddy Bear" committee: Justin Nice, Jake Heisinger, Ryan Fitzgerald, Tyler Vankleef, Brett Sinclair, and Mack Heisinger.
You can view photos from the event Here.
- Overall record: 7-3-1
- Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) record: 5-2-1
- Three-game winning streak going into the break with wins over league rival University of New England, local rival Babson College, and Manhattanville College.
- Five game unbeaten streak from Nov. 5 to Dec. 1.
- Lead the CCC in scoring offense with an average of 4.75 goals per game and 10th in the nation with 4.27 goals per game.
- The power play is 13th in the nation at 25.7%
- Vankleef leads the CCC in goals with 10 and power play goals with five. He sits fourth in the nation in goals per game at 1.0 with 11 goals and second in the nation with six power play goals.
- Freshman Alec Mono leads CCC defenseman scoring with one goal and nine assists and is 12th in the nation.
- Senior Jake Heisinger is 11th in the nation for assists per game at 1.09 with 12 assists.
- 3 CCC "Player of the Week" Honors: Sean Nelson (Nov. 6), Vankleef (Nov. 20), and Jake Heisinger (Dec. 11)
- D3hockey.com "Team of the Week" Honors: Tyler Vankleef (Nov. 23), and Jake Heisinger (Dec. 14)
- Herosports.com "Hero of the Week" Honors: Tyler Vankleef (November 23)
We are pleased with our first half of the 2016-17 season and look forward to building in the New Year. We are a work in progress and are energized to keep getting better.
Thank you to everyone who plays a huge role in making our Curry hockey family what it is. The effort of our players, support from our families, alumni and student body as well as the commitment from the College provides us an opportunity to be successful.
I wish everyone a merry holiday season and all the best in 2017!
As always, your support of our hockey student-athletes through The Curry Fund–Hockey is greatly appreciated. To make a tax-deductible donation, please click Here! Thank you for your support!