WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (November 11, 2017) – Curry College scored three first period goals in an eventual 5-1 victory over Western New England University on Saturday evening in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) ice hockey action at the Olympia Ice Center.
• Junior forward CJ Totillo (Brooklyn, N.Y.) scored Western New England's lone goal with assists from junior Carlos Ross (Brockport, N.Y.) and senior Zach Stein (Enfield, Conn.).
• Curry freshman netminder Frank Cundiff (Oceanside, N.Y.) finished with 28 saves on 29 shots.
• The Colonels capitalized on a power play opportunity to claim a 1-0 advantage 8:21 into the contest, when junior forward Lionel Mauron (Lausanne, Switzerland) won a faceoff in Western New England's zone back to Tracy, who fired a shot from the point into the upper left corner of the net.
• Tracy then set up senior Adam Valadao (Ajac, Ont.) for Curry's second goal at the 14:20 mark, and the visitors led 3-0 at the first intermission after freshman Curry White (Naples, Fla.) found the back of the net 1:23 later.
• Western New England failed to capitalize on back-to-back power play chances midway through the second period, but the Golden Bears finally broke through with a man advantage with 2:25 left in the middle frame when Totillo scored his first of the season.
• Curry restored its three-goal lead on a goal by sophomore Jordan Williamson (Okotoks, Alta.) 39 seconds into the third period, and the Colonels added a final tally at the 11:14 mark.
• The Colonels outshot the Golden Bears 46-29 and held a 38-31 advantage in the faceoff circle.
• Senior forward David DiSchiavi (Etobicoke, Ont.) led Western New England with ten faceoff wins.
• Junior goaltender Kevin Gollmer (Flourtown, Pa.) finished with 33 saves for the Golden Bears.
Western New England (2-2-1, 1-2-1 CCC) returns to action on Thursday night at Suffolk, while Curry (3-2-1, 2-1-1 CCC) hosts Endicott on Friday night. (Game Recap Courtesy of Western New England Sports Information)