Men's Lacrosse Tops Visiting Dean College, 15-7

Men's Lacrosse Tops Visiting Dean College, 15-7

MILTON, Mass. – The Curry College men's lacrosse team defeated visiting Dean College 15-7 in non-conference action at the Walter M. Katz Field on Tuesday night. With the win the Colonels improve to 9-6 overall while the Bulldogs slip to 8-5 on the season.

Curry got on the board first five minutes into the opening quarter when Devin Newell (Medford, Mass.) found Jack McMenomey (West Linn, Ore.).  Zach White (Milford, Conn.) won the ensuing face-off and dished out an assist to Dakota Sanders (Oak Bluffs, Mass.) for a 2-0 lead.  Dean answered back at the 5:01 minute mark with a goal by Anthony Trassaco (Cheshire, Conn.) with a helper credited to Marcus Richardson (Newton, Mass.).  The Colonels responded with two more, the first off the stick of Dominick Marcella (Hull, Mass.) from Matt Serra (Haverhill, Mass.) and another from McMenomey off a feed from Jake Stebbins (Colchester, Vt.).  The Bulldogs were last to strike with under a minute left on an unassisted goal from Kyle Pucci (Wilmington, N.C.) to head into the second with a 4-2 lead by the hosts. 

Dean fired one into the back of the net four minutes into the second stanza after Pucci connected with Trassaco.  Just 29 seconds later however Curry struck back on an unassisted tally by MJ Urbano (Wakefield, Mass.).  Stebbins made it 6-3 after he netted an alone goal.  The Bulldogs countered with their fourth and final of the half with an unassisted tally by Ben Sikes (Londonderry, Vt.).  Curry put up one more before the buzzer to regain a three-goal lead with a score of 7-4 into intermission.  Brandon Flaim (Pembroke, Mass.) ripped one past Dean's goaltender Jake Anderson (Las Vegas, Nev.).

The teams traded goals in opening minutes of the third.  The Bulldogs netted one with only 52 seconds off the clock when Pucci set up James Lovely (Hopedale, Mass.).  McMenoney earned a hat trick with help from Cameron Nigro (Scarborough, Maine).  Nine minutes went by before another score would happen.  Strong defensive play by both squads kept the score at 8-5 before Curry would get two unassisted goals from Newell and Urbano for their team's biggest lead of the game.  The Colonels entered the final quarter with the scoreboard showing 10-5. 

Curry went on a four-goal scoring spree in the fourth.  The Colonels got two tallies from Flaim and one from Newell and Serra.  Sanders and Tom Cashin (Boxford, Mass.) assisted on Flaims while Wade Prajer (Southbury, Conn.) helped on Serras and Andrew DeLeary (Wakefield, Mass.) dished out the pass for Newell.   Dean stopped the run with back-to-back tallies from Trasacco's to finish with a team high four goals.  Sikes was credited with one assist.  The Colonels earned the last score of the night when Harrison Fallon (Wrentham, Mass.) buried his first off a feed from Cashin.

Three players finished with three points for Curry.  McMenomey and Flaim each had a hat trick while Newell finished with two tallies and a helper. Serra netted his 100th career point in the victory. 

Trasacco paced Dean with four goals while Pucci finished with three points on one goal and two assists.

Shane O'Brien (East Falmouth, Mass.) was credited with the win in the cage, making 10 saves in 56:44 minutes before giving way to Mike Collins (Franklin, Mass.) who made one stop in 3:16 minutes. Anderson recorded the loss, registering 19 stops.

Curry will hit the road for their next game as they will travel to conference opponent Salve Regina for a 12:00 p.m. faceoff on Saturday. Dean will next play on the road at SUNY-Delhi on Saturday at 6:00 p.m.